Wednesday 4 September 2013

Tzeentch's Bee Keeper - an Oldhammer Group Project

Over at the BLOOD forums Asslessman proposed a nice group project; the basic premise is to make a Knight with some sort of connection to the creator's background and/or location.

I happen to live in a place called Beeston. Bees appear everywhere:

Beehive on the town hall


Beekeeper statue on the high street








Bees on the council crest









Although I've since discovered that the relationship of bees with Beeston is an artificial Victorian construct, I like the idea of using the imagary to make a bee knight. It's also been a little while since I last converted anything chaotic, so I thought I'd use the opportunity to create a Tzeentch Champion, provisionally called Wultgar the Beekeeper.
 
I finally obtained all of the components for Wultgar yesterday (thanks to several Oldhammerers who assisted); here's the source material:

 
More progress here when I get started!

3 comments:

  1. Hey, welcome on board of the blog train !
    I have to say these parts you're showing are a real mistery for now...
    I get the legs and torso, I get the Kroot thingee with a skelettal head, is the crowangle to be beheaded for the right cause?
    Is the red bucket meant to make a honey jar?, Lots of misteries means a lot to expect.
    Can't wait to see the rest.
    I'll receive my own parts in little time and will post my WIP too then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All will be revealed! Crowangle may we get decapitated (poor chap!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Dave King won't have hard feelings about it if he knows it's for a good cause...

      Delete