Tuesday 24 June 2014

Brattish Behaviour: Don't Mess With Jern Rembeau

Another Monday night painting session resulted in my 6th completed Brat ganger, Jern Rembeau.



Jern tries hard to be as fashionably cutting edge and flamboyant as some of the other members of the Sutter Dukes, but by nature he is a muscular and straighforward character. He lacks refinement in his style choices, he lacks effette mannerisms or equisite taste. But he does have big guns, and he knows A LOT of girls.

Jern is a conversion from the great Hasslefree Miniatures 'My Hero' figure:

http://www.hfminis.co.uk/shop?product=my-hero~hfh007&category=miniatures~fantasy-humans

I replaced his axe with an Eldar flamer, sculpted a new jerkin, haircut and bandana, as well as a little bow around his leg. His adoring girlfriend got some clothes and boots.

Overall, I think I'm fairly happy with the results. I certainly like the idea of a big dumb muscle-bound ganger supporting his more equisitely dressed buddies!

Here's the gang to date:



10 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure none will make fun of his mullet haircut ! The grabbing hand is a good detail to show how unrefined he is.
    ThoseGS additions like the ribbon and the clothes are spectacular.He is perfectly right amongst the others.

    I'm pretty sur ethe guy can even throw the woman in fornt of him when tough fight takes place.

    Great job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No gentleman then if the girl is purely mobile cover!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic stuff! Love this guy and his girl/cover. Nicely done green stuff indeed. You will be working your way up to a full figure sculpt soon I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am slowly building up to a full sculpt...perhaps some kind of alien where the anatomy won't be as unforgiving!

      Delete
    2. Yep that's a good approach. You can work out how to do some fur effects and make a hairy Chewie style alien for example.

      Delete
  3. Simply an outstanding result! I am truly amazed, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice indeed, until following the link from the forum news feed I hadn't realized this was a converted figure and was wondering who was making new brat figures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys.

    @Erny - maybe I ought to try and sculpt some new ones! I'm sadly nowhere near Jes Goodwin territory yet, although he did say in an interview a few years back he started by changing figure's boots...and I think I can manage that ;)

    ReplyDelete