Wednesday 11 June 2014

Brattish Behaviour: Flack Scorgull

I did a very teeny-tiny bit of hobby activity last night to finished off the base of the latest addition to my Brat gang, Flack Scorgull.

Flack Scorgull adds some ranged weaponry to the gang

Toting a finely crafted lasgun, Flack is renowned for his edgy haircut, combining a long floppy fringe (dyed pink of course), with a stiff extravagent rear crest, said to be inspired by the shape of the feathered scorgulls which nest in cliff-like areas of the Hive ventilation shafts.
Flack is an unmodified Jes Goodwin sculpt - one of the 5 unreleased Brat gangers that never made it on sale. You can check the others out over at the Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki. For my money, this particular sculpt is the best of the lot, managing to keep the balance between high fashion and realism. The other unreleased lasgun guy (the only one of the unreleased Brats I've haven't yet got a copy of) is much more extravagent (check out the cape), but maybe a bit too over the top:

Unreleased Brat 3. Pic courtesy of Collecting Citadel Miniatures Wiki

The gang is starting to take shape, with 5 members to date:

 
From left to right:
  • Rhett d'Arquin - fond of duelling. His left cheek is marked by a small distinctive heart-shaped tattoo.
  • Xandro Incroyable - likes nothing better than emptying his pistols into Underhive scum at short range.
  • The Magpie Dandy - who needs weapons when you wear such a fabulous outfit?
  • The Thin White Duke - canes are clearly very much en vogue this season.
  • Flack Scorgull - the embodiment of edgy refinement!
 

8 comments:

  1. When a warband is composed of 3 very rare models and 2 brilliant conversions that actually look like originals with a superb paintjo on top, it means something is going right!

    The other unreleased ganger is a bit over th etop I agree but a more subtle paintjob would help making him look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I hadn't thought about the warband in terms of rarity / value...but I guess you're right! I just painted/made the models I wanted to.

      I can't stop there though - got another 10 or so gangers to do :)

      Do let me know if you happen to stumble on the other unreleased ganger ;)

      Delete
  2. Well done on the new gang member, your very talented!

    How'd you come by the unreleased guy?

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Of the 4 unreleased Brats I have, one was from ebay, and the others were traded. I know I traded an unreleased baby zoat for one, but I forget the other trades.

      Delete
  3. Lovely work yet again! The colour scheme is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying the orange, jade & white at the moment. My skaven Blood Bowl team are the same colours (primarily orange).

      Delete
  4. Wonderful miniature and wonerful colours you've used there too.
    Clean, vibrant, lovely :)

    That gang is just looking gorgeous, I commend you on your hobby skills.

    Anyhoo enough with my crappy banter, I'm just swinging by to let you know that I've nominated you for a Liebster award over at my blog Meandering Shade.

    It's up to you whether you'd like to carry it on or not. No harm, no foul :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're liking the gang :-) Thanks for the nomination - I've been nominated before, but it's appreciated! I'll take a look at the questions for the next post.

    ReplyDelete